segunda-feira, 21 de novembro de 2011

Letter!!!- host family!!!


Dear future host family!

How´s everything? First of all, I want you to know I'm really excited about the program and also to meet you. My name is Daniela, I am 23 years old and I am from Franca, Brazil which is a mid-sized city in the state of São Paulo. I like living here, because it is near Ribeirao Preto, a nearby city, where I have access to a lot of entertainment and education. I live with my dad-Rene, my mom-Rosana, my brother-Marcelo and my little dog named Lili.

I can describe myself first of all as a person who likes children. I really enjoy looking after them. I am patient, friendly, flexible, responsible, dedicated, outgoing, talkative, funny and a sociable person because I am an easy person to deal with. I like the simple things of life, such as going to the theater, movies, parks, reading a good book, listening to music, dancing, going out with friends, my family, and swimming. Wherever I have some free time, I travel with my family to Minas Gerais where I can visit my relatives and explore some waterfalls with my cousins and my brother.

I got my driver’s license when I was 19 years old. I don’t have my own car but I drive my parents’ car whenever I need, such as when I go to work or when I want to go shopping. I have a double major (English/Portuguese) degree. I graduated in 2008 and I would like to improve, even more, my English, so I decided to work as an au pair because besides learning more the English language I will take care of children, which is something I have already said I like doing, and I will also learn more about the American culture. These aspects will contribute a lot to my career when I come back to Brazil.

My work experience started when I looked after a three-year-old girl called Giovana, who is my friend’s daughter. We spent some good and fun time together, we used to ride bicycles, play board games when the weather was rainy, or play with balls when the weather was good to do so in the open air, we used to go to playgrounds, to paint and draw, to dance, to  sing, to play with toys, to read a children’s book and many other indoor and outdoor activities. Actually I used to plan different kinds of activities for her and I always tried to help her make the most of our time together. As I have already mentioned, I am a Portuguese teacher and I have worked with children since 2009. In each classroom I have almost 40 students but I consider I have a good relationship with them. To do so and to make the most of our lessons I try to do some activities which engage them and also stimulate their creativity.

Now I want to talk a little bit about my expectation with this exchange program. The American culture has an enormous influence on my country as we watch a lot of American movies, listen to your music, eat fast food, etc. So going up to the US such as an au pair would be such a great opportunity to live all that. Living and being part of your family, culture and your language is something I am really anxious to.

It will be a dream come true living in the US, visiting new places, taking some courses, practicing and improving my English especially with children.

I'm prepared to live this new experience and I have the support of my family and friends. It also would be a great pleasure to show you a little bit of my own culture.

You can be sure that I will give the best of me to your children. I hope we have a great relationship, become good friends and have a nice year together.

Sincerely,

Daniela.

Nenhum comentário:

Postar um comentário